Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Garfield or Garfield



Guest daddy post. I wanted to get this down on paper (well not really paper, but....) before I forgot it. The other day A and I were at the dining room table, and she says "Daddy, you look like Garfield." I'm thinking o.k., red/orange hair, a little paunchy, likes Italian food. I can buy that. But then I start thinking, how in the world does A know who Garfield is? She doesn't watch anything other than Caillou and Blues Clues. So I ask her some basic questions. Did someone at school talk about Garfield? Did you see a picture or a commercial? Did someone at school get a cat and name their new pet Garfield?

She looks at me like I'm from Mars, and says "No daddy. The President."

I just think to myself, wow, I love this kid. I hope that my hairline is holding on a little longer than our former President's though.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for getting this recorded for prosperity. I love this kid too!

On a somewhat related note, Bennett was listening to a Bing Crosby Christmas song on the radio, and said, "this sounds like Grandpa!" What a compliment!

Danielle said...

Very cute, she's such a little smartie!

Hope said...

I am constantly amazed at how kids' minds work. Great story.