Sunday, November 16, 2008

We are excited to FINALLY announce.....

..the birth of our son, Colin August. Colin took his sweet time (due date 11/1), but when he finally was ready to meet us, he didn't waste any time. It took only six hours, from first "real" contraction at 3 pm, to holding him in my arms at 9 pm, on Tuesday, November 11th. Colin surprised us all, weighing in at 8 pounds, 4 ounces. He was 20 1/2 inches long, with a 14 inch head circumference, and lots of dark hair. His birth was an absolutely amazing experience for me, as I am proud to say I achieved my goal of giving birth to him without any pain medication or medical interventions.

Grandpa and Grandma Jacques were extremely helpful, managing the homefront while Mike and I were getting to know our new son at the hospital. From packing lunches and getting kids off to school, to Grandma being a guest lecturer at the parents' topic of temperment during Bennett's ECFE class on Wednesday, we couldn't have done it without them! They brought the kids by on Wednesday after school, and it was great to see how excited they were to meet their brother Colin. I got some great pictures of Annalise holding her youngest brother, simply beaming with pride.


The new Party of Five
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jerri said...

WOW! I have to say, Katie, I've been watching your blog for awhile to see when baby #3 would arrive and here he is--beautiful Colin August. What a great name! Congratulations. You all look wonderful and congrats on doing a med-free birth! That's so awesome. Great to hear all your news!

Jodi Stilp said...

congratulations katie! I didn't remember that you had a blog so I had fun checking out your blog. I'm glad you're all home and settling in nicely. The milk coming in can be such a pain (literally). Did you find that nursing cramps intensify with each baby? By the time I had Paige, I could hardly get through a feeding for the first week or so. It was like being in labor again! Congrats! We'll be praying for your family as you adjust.